Based on the true story of a real-life friendship between Fred Rogers and journalist Tom Junod.
Family Friendly Filter
- Rated PG for mild themes.
- Violence: two punches were thrown near the beginning, resulting in some blood.
References to a father’s negligence and emotional abuse.
- Coarse Language: a few swear words.
- Drinking, drugs & smoking: Adults drink, in a couple of cases to excess. References to a father’s substance abuse.
- some marital kissing and cuddling in bed.
Rhema 99.7’s Ellen Laurie gave this film a thumbs up, for 10+. The movie encourages everyone to to be kind and loving towards one another. And encourages children and adults alike to believe that they’re special, worthy of love, and capable of forgiveness.