Just Mercy shadows world-renowned civil rights defence attorney Bryan Stevenson as he recounts his experiences and details the case of a condemned death row prisoner whom he fought to free.
Family Friendly Filter
- Rated M for Mature Themes
- Heavy themes, including death row and perversion of justice
- Some swearing
- Violence: Some tense scenes including lead up to inmate execution and discussion around murder of a female victim but nothing graphic
- No sexual references except a conversation that implies an affair of one of the characters
- Nudity: One of the characters is strip searched but nothing below the belt is shown
- Drinking: There is a little but not that’s focused on or endorsed
- Smoking: Brie Larson’s character did quite a bit of smoking. This feels like more of an indication of the era rather than an endorsing the activity
Rhema FM’s Ashley Carr gave this film a thumbs up primarily for adults but potentially mature teens 14-15 plus with parental guidance who are interested in understanding topics like death row, the justice system and racism.